The Invest in Others Charitable Foundation presented five awards from Sept. 21 to Sept. 25 as part of its 14th annual Invest in Others Awards celebration, which was held virtually this year.
Invest in Others provides a platform for financial advisors to increase awareness and funding for their favorite nonprofits. The awards recognize financial advisors across five categories for giving back to nonprofits in their communities.
By award category, These were the winners, by award category:
- Catalyst Award: Lynette Atchley of CPA Financial Advisors Inc. in Riverside, California, for Rebirth Homes
- Community Service Award: Duane Chaney of Arch Capital Advisory Group of Raymond James in Fort Myers, Florida, for Lee Health Foundation
- Global Impact Award: Michael J. Martin of ELM Wealth Management at Raymond James in Worcester, Massachusetts, for Be Like Brit
- Volunteer of the Year Award: Brian Robinson of UBS Financial Services in Tampa, Florida, for The Florida Dream Center.
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Lynn L. Chen-Zhang of Zhang Financial in Portage, Michigan, for Western Michigan University Foundation
Although they are typically presented at an in-person gala in Boston, this year’s awards were presented on video every day during the third week in September. Top sponsors were Advisor Group, Allianz, Cetera Financial Group, Fidelity Investments, LPL Financial, Merrill and Natixis Investment Managers.
“While this year’s award presentation may look a little different, we’re thrilled to continue to recognize the ways that advisors give back to their communities,” Megan McAuley, executive director and president of Invest in Others Charitable Foundation, said in a statement.