Napoleon Hill, acclaimed author of Think and Grow Rich (one of the most popular sales books ever written), recommended a 6-step program for achieving your financial goals:
1. Fix in your mind the amount of money you desire. Be specific.
2. Establish how you will go about earning this money. (There is no something for nothing.)
3. Establish the date by which you will acquire that sum.
4. Create your plan of action. (What individual steps will you take? In which order?)
5. Write down your plan of action. Include how you will use the money once you acquire it.
6. Read through your plan every day and believe that you will achieve your goal.
This may sound simple, and it is, but only if you have a growth mindset. The most common mistake is having a fixed mindset.