Consider these statistics:
- Most working Americans estimate that their own chances of experiencing a long-term disability income are substantially lower than the average worker’s. - Council for Disability income Awareness 2010 Consumer Disability income Awareness Study.
- 90 percent say they value their ability to earn an income, but almost 40 percent said they haven’t thought about how they would protect this all important financial resource. - Council for Disability income Awareness 2010 Consumer Disability income Awareness Study.
- 68 percent of Americans live paycheck to paycheck and would find it difficult to meet their financial obligations if their paychecks were delayed for a week. - American Payroll Association, “Getting Paid in America” Survey, 2012.
- Only 7.4 percent have individual disability income policies. - LIMRA 2011 U.S. Individual Disability income Insurance Annual Supplement.
- Nearly half of the people who look into income protection, after being approached about it, buy some type of policy. - LIMRA MarketFacts Quarterly, 2012