The IRS 2011 Nationwide Tax Forums this summer will offer tax professionals up-to-date information on federal and state tax issues, presented by agency experts and partner organizations in three-day events in cities around the country.
In a statement released Wednesday, the Internal Revenue Service listed 10 things that enrolled agents, certified public accountants, certified financial planners and other tax professionals need to know about the forums.
1. Forums will take place June through August in Atlanta, Orlando, Dallas, San Jose, Las Vegas and the Washington, D.C. area—view chart on the next page. (Click here to view the Top 7 Cities for Financial Services Job Seekers.)
2. If you sign up early, you can qualify for significantly discounted enrollment costs. Preregistration ends two weeks before the start of each forum.
3. Forums offer an opportunity to receive up to 18 continuing education credits through a variety of training seminars and workshops.
4. Forums will offer 40 separate seminars and workshops on tax topics.
5. Forums will also feature a two-day expo with representatives from the IRS and other tax, financial and business communities offering their products, services and expertise.
6. Attendees can sign up to become an Authorized IRS e-file Provider.