– Don Blandin (FPA of the National Capital Area), president and CEO of the nonprofit Investor Protection Trust is recognized for developing the How Can I Afford Retirement? investor education program, his close work through the financial community nationally, as well as helping Americans make better investment decisions through his investor education and protection presentations.
- – Mark Clark (FPA of Silicon Valley) is honored for teaching financial education and L.I.F.E. skills to hundreds of youth through many agencies and organizations in Northern California.
- – Saundra Davis, MSFP (FPA of San Francisco) is honored for providing high-quality pro bono financial planning to the working poor. Davis has volunteered thousands of hours over the past five years by serving as a key leader for the FPA of San Francisco Pro Bono Committee. She also teaches professional development classes on financial coaching and financial planning.
- – Michael Kitces, CFP, MTAX, MSFS, CLU, ChFC (FPA of Maryland) is recognized for his extraordinary work and commitment to education in the financial planning industry. He publishes The Kitces Report on Kitces.com, a website dedicated to advancing knowledge in financial planning.
- – Keith Loveland, J.D., AIFA, CIDA (FPA of Minnesota) is honored for his pro-bono and ethics work. He has created and taught CFP Ethics courses, led knowledge caf?’s on the fiduciary standard, and has mentored new and experienced FPA members on various compliance issues.
- – Brent Neiser, CFP, CAE (FPA of Colorado) is honored for his commitment to educating the public in all areas of personal finance including contributing to the development of CashCourse.org, a website that promotes financial literacy for college students, and MyRetirementPaycheck.org, a website helping people optimize their retirement decision-making.
- – Don Pitti (FPA of New York) dedicated many years to helping advance the financial planning profession. Pitti’s vision and leadership helped shape the financial planning community, including the development of the Foundation for Financial Planning.
- – Karin Price Mueller is dedicated to delivering timely and accurate financial planning information to the public through various media outlets. Mueller co-authored financial literacy guides to educate immigrants and the underserved about how they can improve their financial situation in the U.S.
The Heart of Financial Planning Awards will be presented during the annual FPA conference held October 9-12 at the Colorado Convention Center in Denver.
Read an interview with FPA’s President Tom Potts and CEO Marv Tuttle from the archives of InvestmentAdvisor.com.