- Do your homework on the prospect and understand their profile and business.
- Apply the knowledge this homework develops.
- Determine if the rules of engagement required by the prospect are compatible with your rules of engagement.
- First impression is the basis of future measurement by the prospect.
- Determine what you can make before presenting and decide what the minimum is that you can receive.
- Make sure you and the prospect know why you are presenting, and agree.
- Niche and target your presentation to mirror the buyer’s specific needs.
- Your presentation is your work product. Make it the best.
- Practice and role play before presenting.
- Ask for, then order and know the next steps. It helps if the buyer has already committed to implementing these before presenting.
Do you have ideas to share with other advisors? E-mail them to us at [email protected].
Sign up for The Lead and get a new tip in your inbox every day!