Are you stuck in your attempts to reach your sales and marketing goals? Need a reminder of ways you can stand out amongst the crowd of advisors? Here are seven tips (along with links to other helpful articles) that can help you achieve greater sales success:
1. Become a better listener. When you really listen to your clients, you are better able to understand their needs and figure out how to best help them. Allow clients to share important feelings, facts, and fears with you. You may have the best technology available to you to help your clients, but the greatest resource you have is the ability to listen.
2. If you find yourself in a sales slump, take a look at what you were doing last year during your best month. When you check your records, you’ll find your planner or iPhone filled with interviews, telephone calls, appointments and other productive activity. Your worst month’s records will probably show a lot of blank pages.
3. Schedule an appointment with yourself at the beginning of every day. Spend a few minutes reviewing your goals and objectives, and how you will accomplish them that day. Make a game plan in your head and you can begin your day with an ambitious and positive attitude.
4. When you hear an objection from a prospect, your response should include three parts: You should listen and empathize with him or her; you should repeat and clarify the issues; and you should address the objection fully.
5. Avoid confusion by establishing a minimum standard of communication with clients. Determine whether monthly or quarterly statements and an annual review are enough, or if the client would prefer more frequent contact.
6. Employ various “what if?” simulations when meeting with prospective clients. It will help them take ownership of their financial future, allowing them to move from confusion to peace of mind.
7. Immerse yourself in success. Spend time with successful producers (i.e., Pam Green, Tim FitzGerald, Ed Thauer Jr.) and other successful professionals. Make a list of your top 10, 50 or 100 lifetime achievements, and continue to reevaluate your list regularly. When you focus your thoughts on success, you’ll be inspired to reach even higher.
More ways to increase your sales success.