- 37.2% – Percentage of LTCI buyers who were over 55 when they purchased a policy.
- 66.1% – Percentage of LTCI buyers who chose plans that would pay benefits for at least five years.
- $149 – Most popular benefit level for new buyers, up 8 percent from last year.
- 6.4% – Percentage of new claims that were initiated by individuals age 59 or younger.
- 49% – Percentage of benefit dollars from new group policy claimants were for home care; 30 percent were for nursing home care.
- 64.5% – Percentage of individual LTCI buyers who purchased a five percent annual inflation growth option with their policy.
- 83.6% – Percentage of new buyers who chose an option that would allow them to increase benefit levels periodically in future years.