Close Close

Regulation and Compliance > Federal Regulation > IRS

IRS Seeks Consumer Reps

Your article was successfully shared with the contacts you provided.

The Internal Revenue Service needs to fill openings on the IRS Taxpayer Advocacy Panel.

The panel makes recommendations for improving IRS services.

There are openings for representatives from Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee and Texas.

The IRS is seeking alternates for Alaska, Arizona, Delaware, District of Columbia, Hawaii, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Massachusetts, Michigan, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, Puerto Rico, South Dakota, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia and Wyoming.

Panel members must be U.S. citizens who have kept up with their taxes and can pass a criminal background check.

More on this topic

New TAP members will serve a 3-year term starting in December 2009.

Alternates would fill vacancies that open during the next 2 years.

Applications are due April 30.

More information is available here.