Retirement isn’t a short-term proposition anymore. Americans can expect to live 20, 25, even 30 years after they retire, which means longterm strategies have to be implemented. If younger seniors and older boomers are comfortable with some risk in their plan, variable annuities are a viable option.
With that in mind, Jackson National Life Insurance Co. has added five new underlying investment strategies to its Perspective family of variable annuities – each strategy subadvised by Standard & Poor’s Investment Advisory Services. The strategies are built on 30 stocks, as follows:
- JNL/S&P Competitive Advantage focuses on companies that are profitable and predominantly higher quality.
- JNL/S&P Dividend Income & Growth seeks three companies with the highest indicated annual dividend yield from each of 10 sectors.
- JNL/S&P Intrinsic Value wants larger companies with positive free cash flows and low external financing needs.
- JNL/S&P Total Yield is a portfolio of 30 stocks with the highest S&P total yield based on selection criteria – typically to include companies reducing debt burden and/or increasing equity distributions.
- JNL/S&P 4 blends the first four strategies.
For more information on these strategies and to find out about new guaranteed minimum withdrawal benefits and guaranteed minimum income benefits, visit www.jnl.com.