- $504: Average daily cost of a semi-private room in a nursing home in Alaska, the most expensive state in the country for nursing homes. The state with the least expensive rates is Louisiana, at $116 per day.
- 20%: Percentage of nursing home residents whose stay was three months or less. This number doubled between 1977 and 1999.
- 85: Average age of a resident at an assisted living facility.
- $4,270: Average monthly base rate for Alzheimer’s and dementia care in facilities which charge additional fees.
- 88,289: Number of people 100 years old or older living in the United States in 2004.
Source: MetLife Mature Market Institute