AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company has hired Mary Bates to be vice president of underwriting for its life insurance wholesale channel.
Bates previously was executive director of life risk management at Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company, Springfield, Mass., according to AXA Equitable, New York, a unit of AXA S.A., Paris.
Bates has a bachelor’s degree in business administration from Western New England College.
In other personnel news:
- AIG SunAmerica Retirement Markets Inc., Los Angeles, a unit of American International Group Inc., New York, has hired Stewart McGough to be national accounts manager of the financial institutions division.
McGough previously was a regional vice president in the financial institutions annuity wholesaling channel at John Hancock, Boston, a unit of Manulife Financial Corp., Toronto.
McGough has a bachelor’s degree from Kenyon College.
- Guardian Life Insurance Company of America, New York, has hired David Turner to be head of its private equity investment initiative.
Turner previously was chief executive officer and chief investment officer at the private equity group at WestLB Mellon Asset Management, an arm of Mellon Financial Corp., Pittsburgh.
- Penn Mutual Life Insurance Company, Horsham, Pa., has picked Cheryl Creuzot to manage a new agency in its career agency system in Houston.
Creuzot, who has been a financial planner in Houston, served a 6-year term on the Texas Public Finance Authority Board and spent 2 years as the chairman of the board.
Creuzot has a bachelor’s degree, a law degree and a master of law degree in taxation from the University of Houston. She is a member of the Million Dollar Round Table, Park Ridge, Ill.
- UnitedHealth Group Inc., Minnetonka, Minn., has hired Lori Sweere Komstadius to be executive vice president of human capital.
Sweere previously was executive vice president for human resources at CNA Financial Corp., Chicago.
- Enwisen Inc., Novato, Calif., has promoted Deepjot Chhabra to be president.
Chhabra formerly was senior vice president of product strategy and business development at Enwisen.
Wally Smith, who has been president and CEO of Enwisen, will keep the CEO title and continue to handle sales, marketing and finance activities, Enwisen says.
- First Horizon Msaver Inc., Overland Park, Kan., has promoted Lynden Kendrick to vice president of broker development.
Kendrick, who will be responsible for training brokers to sell personal health accounts, previously was vice president of business development at First Horizon Msaver, which is a unit of First Horizon National Corp., Memphis, Tenn.
Kendrick is a past president of the Utah Association of Health Underwriters, Salt Lake City.