The Financial Planning Association has promoted Jonathan Sprague to director of pro bono services.
Sprague began working for the FPA, Denver, as director of pro bono services.
Sprague has been running FPA programs that help hurricane victims and members of the military.
This year, he is especially interested in expanding a program that helps military personnel wounded while serving in Iraq and Afghanistan and another program that is opening an office in Baton Rouge, La, to coordinate assistance to Gulf Coast hurricane victims.
In other personnel news:
- WellPoint Inc., Indianapolis, has hired Michael Murphy to be president and general manager of its Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield operation in Nevada.
Murphy has been vice president of sales for the consumer services division of WellPoint’s UniCare unit.
Murphy has a bachelor’s degree from Butler University and a master’s degree in management from the University of Notre Dame.
- Commerce Banc Insurances, a unit of Commerce Bancorp, Cherry Hill, N.J., has hired 3 senior vice presidents to expand its employee benefits business.
The new executives are Michael Young, who will help run the company’s large-employer practice; Elizabeth McConney, who will run the middle-market employer operation; and William Martorano, who will be in charge of outsourcing.
Young previously was a health and welfare plans specialist in the Syracuse, N.Y., office of the consulting arm of Aon Corp.
McConney was a client management executive in Aon Consulting’s Philadelphia office, and Martorano was chief of operations for administration and technology at ASRM L.L.C., Moorestown, N.J.
- The Conseco Insurance Group unit of Conseco Inc., Carmel, Ind., has hired Luke Bohlman to be vice president of sales in its worksite division.
Bohlman previously was chief operating officer of American Public Life, a unit of American Fidelity Assurance Company, Oklahoma City, Okla.
Bohlman has a bachelor’s degree in business administration from Stephen F. Austin State University. He holds the Chartered Life Underwriter professional designation.
- New York Life Insurance Company, New York, has hired Judith Vance to be chief human resources officer.
Vance previously was chief human resources officer at Moody’s Corp., New York.
Vance has a bachelor’s degree from Assumption College.
- Old Mutual Financial Network, Atlanta, a unit of Old Mutual P.L.C., London, has hired Sharon Partridge to be master general agent sales manager and Jon Schrampfer to be manager of internal sales support for the company’s variable annuity distribution team.
Partridge previously was a regional vice president at Four Seasons Financial Group Inc., Mount Laurel, N.J,
Schrampfer was a sales manager at Jackson National Life Insurance Company, Lansing, Mich.
- Fort Dearborn Life Insurance Company, a unit of Health Care Service Corp., Chicago, has hired David Bryan to be manager of international sales in its group insurance operation.
Bryan previously was an international benefits consultant at International Consulting Group, St. Charles, Ill.
Bryan has bachelor’s degrees in engineering and marketing from Syracuse University and State University of New York. He holds the Certified Employee Benefit Specialist professional designation.
- Jackson National Life Insurance Company, Lansing, Mich., a unit of Prudential P.L.C., London, has hired Stephen Johnson to be assistant vice president of national accounts.
Johnson previously was director of retirement income planning and distribution at a unit of Piper Jaffray and Company, Minneapolis.
Johnson has a bachelor’s degree from Saint Cloud State University.
- The Prudential Long-Term Care Insurance unit of Prudential Financial Inc., Newark, N.J., has hired Roy Gosselin to be national sales director for individual long term care insurance sales.
Gosselin previously worked for a unit of MetLife Inc., New York.