Do you want to increase insurance policy and annuity sales in your immediate area while building up your list of clients who are located 5-10 miles from your home or office?
Then you should invest some time in becoming “locally famous.”
You want people in your community to see you as someone who cares and is there to help, as well as being an expert in your field. The good news is, it’s not that difficult. Building your company’s reputation simply takes consistency and commitment. What’s more, very few of your competitors are doing it. So, if you decide to take this on, you’ll quickly generate an ongoing stream of local leads for your company.
Here are 11 quick ideas about how to make your financial services brand well known in your local marketplace:
- Write an article (like this one!) and get it published in your local newspapers with your byline and contact information.
- Let your local news reporters know that you are available for interviews, comments and advice on financial happenings that impact their audience.
- Be a guest on a local radio or television program. They’re always looking for guests!
- Offer free educational workshops (adult education classes, etc.) for your church, synagogue, library and local organizations.
- Write and send out a press release about your next event.
- Join or form a lead group with other local businesses in your community.
- Join, attend and speak at functions hosted by your local Chamber Of Commerce.
- Host or sponsor a charity event.
- Visibly volunteer at local community events.
- Publish your own newsletter.
- Enlist local business partners to hand out your brochure or a free gift with your contact information on it.
Consider this: You may work for a great company, and have great products and great ideas. But what matters more is how much people trust YOU and know YOU. What other people think YOU can do is actually more important than what you have actually done!