- I invested in hiring an assistant early in my career because I found that this partnership helped keep me in front of clients and out of doing functional paperwork and organizing, which was not my skillset. My assistant has been my partner, helping schedule my meetings and calls, and handling ancillary items that may come up such as a quick form change or appointment rescheduling.
- I understand everyone cannot hire an assistant and if that is your predicament, consider time blocking. Create a daily schedule that pertains to the back-office running of your business, 90 minutes a day for callbacks etc.
- Look for nearby colleges and universities who offer internship programs. This is a way to get help with daily tasks and give an opportunity to expose a young person to our industry and the benefits it provides.
Yes, group life is something. For many people, it's not nearly enough.
The levy is portrayed as a big threat to small businesses and farms, though almost no one pays it.
Investors should worry more about excessive fees, which are the financial equivalent of high cholesterol — something that might kill you.
Sponsored by Cetera Financial Group
Your long-term clients may already be entering retirement and withdrawing the assets you’ve been managing for them. Now is the time to target younger clients before it’s too late.
Sponsored by Gurtin Municipal Bond Management, a PIMCO company
Discover why callable bonds can be a source of opportunity for municipal investors.
Don’t miss crucial news and insights you need to make informed investment advisory decisions. Join ThinkAdvisor.com now!
- Free unlimited access to ThinkAdvisor.com which provides advisors, like you, with comprehensive coverage of the products, services and trends necessary to guide your clients in making critical wealth, health and life decisions.
- Exclusive discounts on ALM and ThinkAdvisor events.
- Access to other award-winning ALM websites including TreasuryandRisk.com and Law.com.
Copyright © 2019 ALM Media Properties, LLC. All Rights Reserved.