Capturing new accounts is a top objective of 60 percent of enterprise sales organizations worldwide, according to new research.
CSO Insights discloses this finding in its “2014 Sales Performance Optimization Study.” The 20th annual report polled 1,200 companies worldwide on more than 100 sales effectiveness-related metrics.
The report identifies other metrics as top objectives for the year ahead. Among them:
- Increase sales effectiveness - 40.4 percent;
- Optimize lead generation - 40.2 percent;
- Increase penetration of existing accounts - 33.6 percent;
- Increase win rates of forecasted deals - 23.3 percent;
- Improve customer loyalty/satisfaction - 21 percent); and
- Reduce sell cycle time - 20.6 percent.
“Reflecting back to our most recent Lead Management Optimization (LMO) study, we found that marketing is on board with sales in regard to focus and objectives,” the report states. “Nearly 84 percent of the marketing organizations that participated in the 2013 Lead Management Optimization survey also stated that increasing new customer acquisitions was their top priority for the next 12 months.”