Many advisors take advantage of the holidays to reach out to their clients and prospects. While the holiday season can be an excellent time to thank your clients for their business, it’s also a great time to network and reach out to prospects and centers of influence. Take advantage of all the opportunities the holidays provide to market your business.
Here are 20 ideas you can use this year:
- Send holiday or New Year’s cards to clients, prospects and centers of influence.
- Host a holiday open house in your office and invite clients, their friends and family members, prospects and centers of influence.
- Become a sponsor of a fundraising gala or event to get your name out in the community while helping a worthy cause.
- Purchase a table at a fundraising gala and invite top clients and prospects to join you.
- Attend a fundraising gala to network with the “who’s who” of your community.
- Send a holiday centerpiece or wreath to your top clients.
- Send a dessert to your top clients for their holiday dinners.
- Send a unique 2014 calendar as a New Year’s gift that clients and prospects will want to use throughout the year.
- Host a toy or food drive in your office and ask your clients to drop by to make a donation.
- Make donations to charities supported by your top clients.
- Host a holiday lights bus tour for your clients and their children or grandchildren to tour the spectacularly decorated homes in your community.
- Organize a team of clients, prospects and centers of influence for a 5K or 10K and order matching shirts.
- Organize a team of clients, prospects and centers of influence to volunteer at a homeless shelter or soup kitchen.
- Conduct a New Year’s resolution workshop in your office the last week of December and invite nutritionists and life coaches to co-present with you.
- Host an end-of-year tax planning workshop in your office the first week of December.
- Send clients a bottle of wine etched with a custom design, personalized message or company logo.
- Send clients a holiday letter explaining that you are making donations to several charitable organizations in lieu of sending gifts this year. Include information about each organization and how clients can make their own donations.
- Purchase group tickets to a holiday pops concert or Nutcracker performance and invite your top clients and their family members.
- Set up a tent and chairs at your community holiday parade and invite your clients to join you for the parade and some eggnog.
- Write and distribute a press release about your company’s charitable activities over the holiday season.