Nicolas Lance joined the companies of OneAmerica in a newly created position of vice president, retirement income strategies.
Lance will lead the company’s new Retirement in Motion initiative to better prepare the growing number of individuals in or near retirement. He will also lead OneAmerica’s customer data strategy which will build internal technologies and business capabilities to further educate consumers about the importance of retirement planning and the solutions available to them.
With 24 years of domestic and international experience in the financial services industry, Lance has held a number of executive-level positions with companies such as METLIFE and AXA. He holds degrees from the University of Rhode Island and The George Washington University and has earned an executive certificate in retirement planning from The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania.
In other industry news:
LIMRA and LOMA have announced the election of Joseph R. Monk, ChFC, CLU, senior vice president and chief administrative officer, State Farm Life as chair of the LL Global Board of Directors for 2014. Tim Stonehocker, executive vice president, Ameritas Life Insurance Corp. was elected vice-chair and will succeed Monk in 2015.
The board elected seven new members to three-year terms:
- James D. Atkins, FSA, MAAA, president and chief executive officer, Legal & General America;
- Thomas A. Barefield, executive vice president, Distribution, Ohio National Financial Services;
- J. Scott Davison, CLU, ChFC, president, OneAmerica Financial Partners, Inc. ;
- Scott Dolfi, chief operating officer, The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America;
- Rino D’Onofrio, president and chief executive officer, RBC Life Insurance;
- Dawn M. Trautman, senior vice president, IT Operations and Strategic Planning Pacific Life Insurance ; and
- Xu Jing Hui, chairman and president, China Pacific Life.
The LL Global board provides oversight and guidance to LIMRA and LOMA, insuring that the research and education programs they create provide value to member companies.
Aon Risk Solutions, the global risk management business of Aon plc (NYSE: AON), and XL Group’s Bermuda Insurance Operations, XL Insurance (Bermuda) Ltd (“XLIB”), launched Catastrophic Integrated Occurrence or CAT IO — a stand-alone integrated occurrence product called. With up to $50 million of capacity, this product is designed to provide catastrophe coverage in the event of a large batch (integrated occurrence) event. This product is a result of collaboration between the health care practices of Aon and XLIB in an effort to address the needs of health care industry clients.
There are various options for integrating CAT IO into a casualty insurance or reinsurance program:
- Top up: CAT IO sits on top of the current program, providing pure catastrophe cover in the event of a large batch claim;
- Difference in Condition: Excess and DIC of current tower, the integrated occurrence language will drop down DIC to the required level to pick up coverage where the underlying batch coverage in place does not;
- WRAP: Will sit alongside current single occurrence program and wrap the selected layer of coverage which does not contain any coverage for integrated occurrences;
- Cloud Cover: A single limit sitting anywhere above the current hospital and physician professional liability program tower as pure catastrophe cover. This product does not need to be placed directly excess of the current program, but rather, can sit at whatever excess attachment point that meets with the specific client’s needs and comfort level.
AssuredPartners Inc., through its subsidiaries, made several acquisitions.
AssuredPartners of Minnesota, acquired the Lee F. Murphy, Inc. insurance firm based in St. Paul, Minn.
Lee F. Murphy Inc. reports revenue of approximately $8 million, and was named a Top Insurance Broker in 2013 by the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal.
As part of the acquisition, 50 Lee F. Murphy Inc. employees will join AssuredPartners of Minnesota. Local operations are based in St. Paul, Minn., and will continue under the leadership of Bob Murphy.
AssuredPartners of Missouri acquired the AHM Financial Group LLC insurance business. The St. Louis-based agency offers commercial, personal, and employee benefits insurance for businesses and individuals. AHM Financial Group reports revenues of about $17 million, making it one of the largest AssuredPartners acquisitions in 2013. Under terms of the acquisition, the agency will continue to operate as AHM Financial Group. The transition will be seamless for existing AHM Financial Group clients. As part of the acquisition, 100 AHM Financial Group employees will join AssuredPartners of Missouri. Operations are based out of St. Louis, and will continue under the leadership of Rich Harkwell and Chase Butler.
AssuredPartners, through its Dawson Companies platform, acquired MGA Property & Casualty Insurance Agency LLC, the retail division of MGA Insurance. Located in Sarasota, Fla., the agency specializes in property and casualty services, including workers’ compensation, builder’s risk insurance and surety bonding for businesses of all sizes; and personal insurance, including auto insurance, homeowners’ insurance and umbrella insurance policies.
As part of the acquisition, six MGA Property & Casualty Insurance Agency employees will join AssuredPartners.
The American College of Financial Services hired Captain Ted Digges SC, USN (Ret) as the director of The American College Penn Mutual Center for Veteran’s Affairs. The Center has already awarded 22 scholarships to recent veterans for financial services educational programs so far in 2013.
Prior to joining The American College, Digges gained experience over the course of a 27-year active duty Navy career in strategic planning, customer service, logistics and program management. He has served in assignments all over the United States and world, including tours in Asia Pacific and Europe. He is a former president of a nonprofit organization in Hampton Roads, Va., focused on engaging the military community and charitable endeavors. In the financial services industry, he developed strategies for high net worth clients as a financial advisor for Merrill Lynch.
Digges is a graduate of the U.S. Naval Academy and also holds a master’s degree in management, a master’s in national security and international studies and is a graduate of the Darden School’s Executive Program at University of Virginia. He has also earned his Series 7, Series 66 licenses and is a Certified Professional Logistician (CPL).
eVestment, a global provider of institutional investment data and analytics, launched eVestment Spotlight Analytics and eVestment Spectrum Analytics the first offerings in a revamped suite of solutions designed to analyze and report on both traditional and alternative investment strategies. This includes marketing, sales, strategy, product and investment professionals within asset management firms and hedge funds, as well as plan sponsors, consultants and other buy-side institutional investors.
- eVestment Spotlight – for the user who wants easy access to the most critical data in an intuitive package and with a lower cost;
- eVestment Spectrum – for the user who needs richer data and deeper analytics including insights available through optional add-ons for asset flows, search trends, holdings and smarter peer analysis.
- eVestment Quantum – for the user who requires Spectrum-level Analytics plus expanded style analysis, simulation and portfolio-level construction and modeling using advanced quantitative techniques. Targeted for early 2014;
- eVestment Mobile – on-the-go access to firm and fund profiles as well as predefined reports and industry news. Targeted for mid-2014.
Bramco Financial Resources appointed John Kuk as the organization’s new director of Strategy and Business Development.
In this newly created position, Kuk will oversee all communication between Bramco’s carriers and partner firms as well as continue to develop productive relationships.
With more than 22 years in the life insurance industry, Kuk’s experience includes national account management, key account management, project management and wholesale territory management for nationally recognized companies including AXA Equitable, AVIVA, MassMutual Financial Group and The Hartford.