Does lead generation continue to be a sticking point for you? It doesn’t need to be. We had five top advisors provide lead generation tips, particularly as they pertain to senior clients. If you have a tip we should know about, leave a comment below or email me at email@example.com.
1. Co-op your talents. For those of us that offer financial workshops or would like to start doing so and may have limited funding, offer to stage a workshop at a local Council on Aging. If you can convince the council director that you are sincere and knowledgeable, he or she will be very grateful to allow you to offer a valuable informational service to their senior community. This way you will not have the need for any cost involved except for refreshments. - Stefanos Loisou
2. Use co-registration. Internet leads also can be attained through co-registration, where a senior may be looking for elderly housing, for example. He fills out the elderly housing online form, which then prompts him to check any number of other boxes for products he may have some interest in, such as LTCI or annuities. -Chris Pearson
3. Show and tell. I have been selling annuities in the senior market for many years. Right now interest rates and caps are much lower than they have been. To generate more leads and sales I go back to my clients and show them what can be accomplished for someone between the ages of 25 and 45 by using Indexed Universal Life to provide protection for the family, while building cash value that easily exceeds the growth of either a Traditional or Roth IRA. I demonstrate using a $5,000 annual premium. When they see the results, my clients are eager to refer me to their adult children. The children then refer me to their friends, which gives me plenty of eager people to see. -Mel Katz
4. Trusted advisor. Since I have built my reputation as a trusted advisor, I go to my client rolodex and send a customized card to all of them, asking for referrals (family, friends, neighbors or work colleagues, which are all pre-qualified by our client). By doing this my manager and I have been able to generate five to seven additional hot leads per month. Our clients are our best business partners as they do the hard work of getting us the best quality hot leads. And the cost is minimal in sending the cards, and the ROI is very good. -Alejandro Chetto
5. The social media value. A dedication to “inbound” marketing and the utilization of social media — blogs, Linkedin, Twitter, Facebook, etc., combined with SEO — generates a constant flow of self-qualifying leads. By building trust and adding value with these tools, we have created a flow of qualified prospects who knock on our door. This is an efficient and cost-effective methodology for generating leads. Keep in mind, success requires a consistent and a focused outreach.The general public, the insurance and benefits marketplace and seniors utilize the Internet to gain knowledge about plans, programs and services — as well as the providers — before calling an agent, broker or insurance company. Once empowered with information, they will seek you out! -Philip Eide
For more from Daniel Williams, see: