Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America contributed $275,000 in 2011 to Twin Cities metro area charitable organizations focused on senior services. Organizations received grants ranging from $5,000 to $25,000 to support programs that address a variety of issues including home food delivery, transportation, exercise and wellness.
In addition to these grants, Allianz Life also raised more than $136,000 for the Alzheimer’s Association of MN-ND earlier this year through its annual Driving to Donate charity golf event.
“Supporting the seniors who live in our community is a natural extension of our company values,” said Maureen Phillips, senior vice president and general counsel for Allianz Life, who also serves as a board member for the Alzheimer’s Association of MN-ND and is a member of the Allianz Life Community Relations Governance Committee.
“Allianz Life is proud to assist these organizations in their mission to enhance the quality of life for our seniors.”
This year’s grant recipients include:
• Store To Door – supporting their grocery-delivery program.
• Presbyterian Homes and Services Foundation – supporting their Creative Services food delivery program.
• Little Brothers Friends of the Elderly – supporting their outreach programs.
• Senior Community Services – supporting their Frail Elderly Support Services.
• PRISM – supporting their PRISM Express Transportation program.
• Greater Minneapolis Council of Churches – supporting their Paint-A-Thon and HandyWorks programs.
• Intercongregation Communities Association – to help purchase a refrigerated truck to deliver seniors’ groceries.
• The Amherst H. Wilder Foundation – supporting their Wilder Aging Services program.
• Catholic Charities – supporting their Aging Services program.
• DARTS – supporting their Community Services for Older Adults and Caregivers program.
• Volunteers Enlisted to Assist People (VEAP) – supporting their Food and Transportation program for seniors.
• Keystone Community Services – supporting their Seniors program.
• Minneapolis Institute of Arts – supporting their Discover Your Story program.
• Let’s Go Fishing with Seniors – supporting their fishing program.
• Nokomis Healthy Seniors – supporting their Living Well at Home program.
• The Arthritis Foundation – supporting their Exercise Programs for seniors.
• Courage Center – supporting their Senior Health, Wellness and Fitness program.
• Goodwill Industries, Inc. – supporting their Medical Equipment Loan program.
Organizations were chosen by the Allianz Life Community Relations Governance Committee, which directs the Grants Program and oversees Community Relations policies to ensure charitable practices and procedures are in line with Allianz Life’s core values. In addition to senior services, Allianz Life also supports organizations that focus on improving financial literacy throughout the community.