It’s a good idea to reassess the way that you purchase, nurture, and manage leads because it means so much to your success as an insurance professional. To begin, ask yourself if you are making any of these major lead management mistakes:
1. Banking on the “one-contact close.” There’s a statistical chance it might happen, and you have heard of it happening to other people, but betting your future on the one-contact close is as unrealistic as betting your home on a Lotto ticket. Industry statistics suggest that, on average, it takes between three and seven contacts before a business insurance sale is closed.
2. Mistaking email for a CRM system. Your email address is no substitute for a real Customer Relationship Management System. As much as you try to remember to follow up and stay top of mind hundreds of customers, you are guaranteed to fail if you do not have an automated system in place. To make the most of every lead, get a system that will remind you to reach out personally to your prospects and generate the occasional dose of automated contact.
3. Not purchasing qualified leads. Too many insurance salespeople waste their cash on “leads” that are little more than a list of names and numbers copied from some business directory that has been sold and resold dozens of times. By purchasing qualified leads from a reputable insurance lead generation company, leads will be reviewed on the phone by professionals for accuracy before releasing them to you. Buying insurance sales leads can indeed significantly increase your income, but only if they are real, qualified leads. Before you buy leads from a lead generation company, make sure they have described their lead generation process to you, and that the lead you are paying for is exclusive to you for a set period of time.
Sign up for The Lead and get a new tip in your inbox every day! More tips:
- 3 factors to set your brand apart
- Advisors: Don’t sell the way you buy
- Social media and advisors: So, now what?
Dan Luttner is the business development executive for BravuraLeads. BravuraLeads and its affiliates have been providing advanced prospecting solutions exclusively for the financial services and insurance industry since 1992.