In their book, “Business Mojo: Achieving Success Through Mystical Exploration,” brother and sister Dan and Judy Smith highlight seven steps to help people visualize success, believe it and then achieve it. It’s the same concept Phil Knight, co-creator of Nike, used back when he visualized the first blueprint for the famous sportswear company while still in college. If a college kid could do it, so can you. Here are the steps.
- Envision the goal: Close your eyes and picture it. Include colors, smells and sounds.
- Write it down: Write it and then read it — every day.
- Relax: Do muscle relaxation exercises. Don’t laugh. Nike has on-site yoga classes. And they are clearly doing something right.
- Be intent: Be very specific about what you want and how you want to succeed.
- Be specific: The goal won’t achieve itself, so you must also plan a clear path to success. Consider obstacles. Plan accordingly.
- Include yourself: You are the giver and the recipient, and you must visualize yourself in whole process.
- Be grateful: Feel good about what you see and how you’ll accomplish it and express gratitude for it.
Have you checked it out yet? Vote on 2011′s Best Sales and Marketing Ideas!