Did you see last week’s three keys to success as an advisor with a radio show? Here are two final pieces of advice.
1. Make it easy to listen, now and later: The most successful advisors make it easy for clients and prospects to find the shows they’ve missed. Make sure you have your archived shows available on your website, uploaded to iTunes or even available on CDs for those who want to catch shows they’ve missed.
Also, don’t forget to let your prospects know you have a radio show. Include the radio station and your website with the archived radio shows on all of your company literature, direct mail pieces, e-mail newsletters or anything else you distribute.
2. Keep it simple. Make sure you continually repeat your theme, topic or hook within the show; many times you have a short window to catch a passing listener’s interest. Studies shows the average listener tunes in for seven minutes when flipping through stations. It’s great to have a story board or theme that lasts 60 minutes, but keep in mind, if you have listeners tuning in for the last 15 minutes, you are losing potential clients if they can’t get up to speed quickly or if your offer or hook has already passed.
Sign up for The Lead and get a new tip in your inbox every day!
- Advisor listening skills: Stop doing these things
- 5 reasons why your advisor business needs to change with the times
- The 50 best ways to generate leads
Brad Johnson is the vice president of marketing for Advisors Excel and has networked with the largest life and annuity producers in the country to leverage the most successful sales ideas and scripts, product positioning concepts, seminar ideas and presentations, national public relations strategies and social media tactics they use on a daily basis. For more producer proven strategies or advice on how to adapt your business for the changing times, go to http://www.bradjohnson.biz.