Developing the habit of going the extra mile and rendering service above and beyond your clients’ expectations is a smart business decision that pays big dividends. Going the extra mile enhances client loyalty, increases sales and promotes positive word-of-mouth advertising. One happy client who is given exceptional service can influence more prospects to do business with you than $10,000 worth of traditional advertising.
Here are some suggestions to help you get started going the extra mile.
- Be proactive by calling five of your clients every day to see if they have any service requirements you can help them with.
- Follow up quickly by returning your clients’ phone calls and e-mails within an hour.
- Show your appreciation by mailing a handwritten thank-you note to your new clients after the sale.
- When you receive a client service request, make it your highest priority to handle it quickly.
- Every six months, mail your clients a business-related or motivational article to keep in contact.
- Use your imagination and think out of the box to find new ways to improve the quality and quantity of service you provide to your clients.
- Invite your best clients out for breakfast or lunch to build rapport and strengthen your relationship.
Sign up for The Lead and get a new tip in your inbox every day!