A recent HubSpot study found small companies with a blog get 55 percent more traffic to their websites. They also get 97 percent more inbound links and 434 percent more indexed pages, which means your site has more authority with search engines and is more likely to be found. Why are bloggers getting so much more attention? Here are two main reasons.
1. Search engines will find you. For every blog you publish, search engines find a new page and set of keywords contained in your blog post title, body copy and corresponding tags. Basically, having a blog increases your keyword rankings, which makes it easier for search engines to find your site.
As with keywords, search engines like sites with fresh content, and having a blog is an easy way to ensure your content is regularly updated. You may not even know you’re doing it, but having a blog has helped optimize your site and grow your organic search traffic.
2. Your posts can be shared and linked. Whether people share your posts on their own website, or post a link to your blog on their Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn, traffic to your site increases. Make sure you are posting links to your blog on various social media platforms to start the social sharing process. Once again, the more inbound links you have, the easier it is for search engines to find you and the higher your site ranks on search page results.
And remember these extra five tips to ensure high traffic to your site:
- Host your blog on your domain.
- Use images, graphs and charts to help convey your message and improve readability.
- Encourage sharing and comments.
- Optimize your blog title and content.
- Make sure your message is targeted. Know your audience.
Sign up for The Lead and get a new tip in your inbox every day!
- Best tech tools and toys for the advisor
- 6 reasons to be happy you’re a financial advisor
- The 100 best marketing ideas
Loic Jeanjean is online marketing manager at Advisor Websites, where he helps financial services professionals grow their market share by leveraging online marketing and social media. He is also spearheading the U.S. and French markets expansions. He is a member of the Financial Planning Association and received his Inbound Marketing Certificate with honors. To read more of Jeanjean’s articles, go to www.advisorwebsites.com.