- Thinking you can have either a top-producing practice or a good life–not both.
- Not having systems that produce a steady flow of ideal referrals.
- Compliance issues that slow you down.
- “Feast or famine” net income.
- Placing personal health on the back burner.
- Pushing products and taking orders.
- Not targeting a viable market of ideal clients in your marketing efforts.
- Not balancing low-hanging fruit with high-value strategic plans.
Maybe you’ve already tried to address the above issues. Maybe you’ve purchased courses, books, DVDs or CDs, or even paid for expensive consulting on the topics. The bottom line is nothing you have done so far has worked.
Chances are there are some “blind spots” keeping you from taking action. Why? Unlike a computer, human beings observe and react to information through three interwoven portals: language, emotions and the body.
Here is an example: One client told me, “I have a file full of ideas on CMRs, but I just haven’t found the time to decide. Can you recommend one?” I said, “I noticed when you were speaking you folded your arms and your voice seemed monotone. Can you tell me what you were saying to yourself in that moment?”
He thought for a second and then, with surprise, said, “I’m saying that I’ll probably make another mistake and waste money.” He also realized this assessment was keeping him in a state of confusion and inaction.