Bill Smith, author of “The Happy Advisor,” believes now is a great time to be a financial advisor. As an advisor himself, he not only finds solutions to some of the most common obstacles–he has a fun time doing it. Here are six reasons why you should smile and be glad you’re a financial advisor.
1. There are great, motivated people all around you, whether in your office, community or the whole nation. Look to them for inspiration.
2. Think of the clients who thought they knew better than you and invested online. The investment decisions they made were horrible. You shouldn’t have a hard time getting those accounts back.
3. In a down market, you have fewer competitors than you did just one or two years ago.
4. Everyone you know knows 200 people, and some of them will need your help.
5. There is great choice and diversity in investments, and there is a comfortable choice for everyone. You can find ways for people to make real money, no matter which way the market goes.
6. You’ve survived the hardest part. As the stock market continues improving, you will be in a position to help others benefit.
Sign up for The Lead and get a new tip in your inbox every day!
- A day in the life: father-daughter financial superheroes
- 5 scripts for countering the ‘I need to think about it’ objection
- 100 best marketing ideas