Like many advisors, you likely you have a core group of clients who make up a big percentage of your sales. See below a list of seven things to know about your best clients in order to develop a smart marketing strategy, put together by marketing strategy expert Jean M. Gianfagna.
- Who are my best clients? Gianfagna says using database analysis can help you identify the characteristics your best clients share and target your marketing to similar prospects. She says not to assume a high-revenue client is automatically a best client: The key measure is profitability.
- Why did my best clients pick me? Gianfagna suggests talking to these best clients to find out why they chose you and what they think sets apart your company. Then, use this information to build your marketing messages.
- How did our relationship start? “Knowing the origins–the channel that produced the original sale, the offer that spurred the initial response, and the tactics that persuaded prospects to say yes–can help you pinpoint marketing strategies that worked in the past and are likely to work again,” Gianfagna says.
- Where can I find people just like my best clients? Gianfagna says to direct your marketing messages to where these decision makers seek and share information related to your products and services.
- How am I marketing to my best clients? “Every smart marketing strategy includes tactics to strengthen and grow relationships with current clients,” Gianfagna says. Use personalized marketing to engage them in an ongoing sales dialogue.
- What am I doing to keep my best clients happy? You can’t afford to lose best clients. Gianfagna says, “Develop a client relationship management plan to be sure your most important clients know their value to you and never have reason to doubt their decision to choose you as a vendor.”
- How can my best clients help me sell? Your best clients can be your biggest endorsers. “Ask them to help you tell your sales story to others in testimonials, case studies and marketing campaigns,” Gianfagna adds.
Sign up for The Lead and get a new tip in your inbox every day!