Last week I talked about Tweet Deck, Google Alerts and Social Mention, which are free online tools you can use to keep an eye on your online presence. Here are another three easy-to-use free tools.
1. WhosTalkinis another social media search engine that searches for conversations about you from more than 60 different social media platforms, including blogs, news, networks, videos, forums and tags.
Use if you want to cover all the bases, as there is some overlap if you use all of these social media tools. Also, it’s good to use if you want to build natural-looking links that increase your search engine rankings.
5. IceRocket is an Internet search engine that searches the Web, blogs and Twitter for conversations on any topic. This tool also provides a traffic ranking system that tells you which websites are the most popular and what is “trending” at the moment.
Use if you don’t want to be sent e-mail notifications and would rather search for the content manually whenever you want.
6. Backtype is an analytics tool that helps businesses understand their social impact. Type in the URL of your blog or website and see how many impressions (number of times it shows as a result to specific search terms) your site received on Twitter as well as the conversations and audience for this page. Create an account to see even more Twitter analytics.
Use if you want actual data to measure your success and have built a large social presence on Twitter.
Sign up for The Lead and get a new tip in your inbox every day!
- The 100 best marketing ideas
- A day in the life: father-daughter financial superheroes
- The secret to standing out in your local community
Lisa Craveiro works in the online marketing department at Advisor Websites, where she manages social media accounts and helps financial services professionals gain a better understanding of how to increase their online presence. She has previously worked in a number of roles as a marketing coordinator, crafting and executing online and outdoor media strategies. Visit http://www.advisorwebsites.com/blog/ for more information.