1. Pick a niche. Choosing a niche market will help you focus your resources to market your business efficiently and effectively.
2. Craft your message. Identify the unique needs of your prospects and describe how your services will solve their problems.
3. Build a website. A website is the single most important marketing communication tool and should be developed in the first months of any new business.
4. Create marketing material. The days of needing a traditional brochure are over, but it is still important to create some basic marketing materials to communicate your services to your target market and centers of influence (COIs).
What Your Peers Are Reading
5. Become an expert. Highlight your expertise in your niche market through blogs, articles, speaking engagements, social media and public relations.
6. Develop a networking strategy. Networking both online and offline is a crucial part of developing a referral network and opening doors to other marketing opportunities.