1. Pick a niche. Choosing a niche market will help you focus your resources to market your business efficiently and effectively.
2. Craft your message. Identify the unique needs of your prospects and describe how your services will solve their problems.
3. Build a website. A website is the single most important marketing communication tool and should be developed in the first months of any new business.
4. Create marketing material. The days of needing a traditional brochure are over, but it is still important to create some basic marketing materials to communicate your services to your target market and centers of influence (COIs).
5. Become an expert. Highlight your expertise in your niche market through blogs, articles, speaking engagements, social media and public relations.
6. Develop a networking strategy. Networking both online and offline is a crucial part of developing a referral network and opening doors to other marketing opportunities.
7. Implement a COI referral strategy. Developing a COI referral strategy will enable you to more efficiently generate ideal leads from allied professionals.
8. Implement a client referral strategy. Creating a client referral strategy from the inception of your business will pay off in subsequent years with automatic referrals.
9. Create a drip marketing system for prospects. Develop a system to touch your prospects throughout the year so you are the first name to come to mind when they are ready to choose an advisor.
10. Develop a written marketing plan. Ensure that you are marketing consistently and effectively by writing a plan that includes a calendar and budget.
Kristen Luke is the principal of Wealth Management Marketing. For more information, visit www.wealthmanagementmarketing.net.