Who wouldn’t want to reach out to clients and prospects at a time when they’re already thinking about their need for life insurance? But where do you start and how can you make the most of this once-a-year marketing opportunity? With the beginning of Life Insurance Awareness Month, Life Insurance Selling is promoting the LIFE Foundation’s efforts to guide advisors in their marketing efforts. Here are 8 tips to help you with your planning:
1. Mark LIAM on your calendar: Today, Sept. 1, is the start of Life Insurance Awareness Month. If you have not yet started planning, it is not too late to circle September on your calendar and start a successful campaign.
2. Use LIAM to get appointments scheduled: Pointing out that September is LIAM gives clients and prospects one more reason to say “yes” to a meeting.
3. Set aside money and time: The three keys to selling more life insurance this September than you did last September are (1) time, (2) money and (3) focus. If you make life insurance your primary focus and set aside enough time and money to conduct the proper outreach, you will be successful.
4. Take advantage of LIFE’s marketing resources: LIFE offers both free Web-accessible resources as well as high-quality print and multimedia marketing pieces for purchase. All of LIFE’s resources are accessible through the LIAM Producer Toolkit at www.lifehappens.org/liamkit.
5. Tell your clients that “Life Happens”: Life Happens(R) gel bracelets are one of LIFE’s most popular resources. During LIAM, wear several on your wrist and give them out to clients and prospects. They’re great conversation starters. People will invariably ask, “What does ‘Life Happens’ mean?” That’s your opening to talk to them about LIAM and the need to plan ahead for life’s uncertainties. Access an entire suite of Life Happens marketing resources at www.lifehappens.org/lifehappenskit.
6. Share the 7 Wonders of Life Insurance: Life insurance can do some amazing things for families, and LIFE offers several marketing resources to help inform your clients and prospects about what LIFE calls the “7 Wonders of Life Insurance.” Access them at www.lifehappens.org/wonderskit.
7. Encourage clients to enter the “What Matters Most to Me” contest: LIFE is developing a Facebook application that will remind Americans that life insurance can help them protect the people and things that matter most to them. If your clients use the application between now and Sept. 30, 2010, they’ll have the chance to win a five-day trip to Aruba. Details regarding the contest are available in the toolkit.
8. Tap into company assets: Most insurance companies support LIAM in some fashion. So reach out to companies you do business with to find out what kinds of LIAM marketing resources and sales incentives they may be offering.