Allianz Life Insurance Company of America has promoted Marty Vanderzanden to director of special investigations.
Vanderzanden, who previously was manager of the special investigations unit, will be responsible for assessing and managing all of the company’s fraud allegations, according to Allianz Life, Golden Valley, Minn., a unit of Allianz S.E., Munich, Germany.
Vanderzanden has a bachelor’s degree in accounting and computer science from Illinois State University.
In other personnel news:
- Nationwide Financial Services Inc., a unit of Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company, Columbus, Ohio, has hired Kevin McGarry to be director of retirement income strategies.
McGarry previously was eastern divisional sales manager at AllianceBernstein L.P., New York.
McGarry has a bachelor’s degree in finance from the University of Connecticut. He holds the Certified Investment Management Consultant and Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor professional designations.
- Guardian Life Insurance Company of America, New York, has hired Patricia McLaughlin to be vice president of interactive media and communications.
McLaughlin previously was director of global branding at American International Group Inc., New York (NYSE:AIG).
McLaughlin has a bachelor’s degree in English literature from Manhattanville College and a master’s degree in business in from Fordham University.
- Petersen International Underwriters, Valencia, Calif., has hired Joseph Russo to be an underwriter for special risk products. He has worked for the company in the past.
- Premier Healthcare Exchange Inc., Bedminster, New Jersey, which is known as PHX, has hired Robert Hemmer to be chief financial officer.
- Molina Healthcare Inc., Long Beach, Calif. (NYSE:MOH), has promoted Lynn Allen to be president of the Molina Healthcare of New Mexico subsidiary.
Allen previously was chief operating officer for the plan. He succeeds Ann Wehr, who is now chief medical officer at WellCare Health Plans Inc., Tampa, Fla. (NYSE:WCG).
Allen has a bachelor’s degree from the University of New Mexico.