You know regular communications with your clients is critical to maintaining strong relationships, demonstrating your commitment to their financial well-being, and staying in touch with their needs and desires. But it takes time and money. Here are several ways you can spend less and do more.
- Remind your clients of the “Wonders of Life.” This September’s Life Insurance Awareness Month (LIAM) theme is the “Wonders of Life.” Around it, LIFE has built a toolkit of resources including educational flyers, eCards, merchandise, and consumer videos. These resources, many of which are free, provide you with the opening to discuss with your clients what they value most and consider the “wonders” of their life.
- Spark a conversation. LIFE’s trademarked slogan, “Life Happens,” which it prints on baseball caps, t-shirts and bracelets, can be a great conversation starter. Wear one and people will inevitably ask, “What does ‘Life Happens’ mean?” That’s the opening to talk to them about LIAM and the importance of planning ahead for life’s uncertainties.
- Launch an email campaign. Consider using free electronic greeting cards to reach out to your clients. Create an email campaign to remind clients it is time to review their life insurance needs.
- Deliver a call-to-action. Remind your clients that life insurance isn’t for them, but used to protect the ones they love.
- Tell a story. Relating stories with real-life examples of people who have been helped by life insurance is one of the most effective marketing methods you can use. Send your clients a note including such a story, and telling them you will follow up in a few days to get their thoughts on the story and why you thought they might find it of value. It’s a great bridge to a conversation about life insurance.
Marvin H. Feldman is the president and chief executive officer of the LIFE Foundation. He can be reached at email@example.com.