What is success to you? How will you know when you have achieved it? If you’re not sure, you may not be making the right steps toward bringing it into your world, both professionally and personally. On the career side, there are a few things you can do to get on the path to professional fulfillment.
- Have a plan: Do you plan your success or just let things happen to you? Be in charge of your day or your week. Keep it simple and stay on course. And keep distractions to a minimum.
- Create lasting customer relationships: We will buy from whom we trust and respect. Don’t be cute or cocky with them. Be humble, genuine and honest. As time goes on, your reputation is really who you are.
- Like what you do: Do something you enjoy. You and everybody around you will be much happier. And it’s easy to sell something you enjoy.
- Keep calling: When you stop making sales calls, whether they are existing clients or new business, prospects disappear.
- Be realistic: Don’t expect to start making sales calls and close hundreds of deals right away. Like working out, you’ve got to start small and work your way up. Just do a normal amount every day and stay consistent.
Sign up for The Lead and get a new tip in your inbox every day!