MetLife Inc. has picked Robert Love, a senior vice president, to succeed Mike Malouf as head of group benefits sales.
Malouf, also a senior vice president, will be helping the international division manage the acquisition of Alico from American International Group Inc., New York (NYSE:AIG), according to MetLife, New York.
Love has been responsible for national accounts, which serves employers more than 10,000 employees. Love now will manage programs for groups with 2 to 9,999 employees.
Randy Stram, a vice president who has been managing the employee-paid sales operations, will assume responsibility for national accounts.
Dennis Lyons, another vice president, will take over for Stram as head of employee-paid sales. Lyons has been responsible for sales of executive benefits.
In other personnel news:
- Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America, Golden Valley, Minn., a unit of Allianz S.E., Munich, Germany, has hired Ted Cadwell to be a senior counsel.
Cadwell previously was a partner at Dorsey & Whitney L.L.P., Minneapolis.
Cadwell has a bachelor’s degree in economics from Harvard University, a master’s degree in business from the University of Minnesota, and a law degree from the University of Minnesota. He is the chairman of the North Central chapter of the Arthritis Foundation.
- John Hancock Retirement Plan, Boston, a unit of Manulife Financial Corp., Toronto (TSX:MFC), has promoted Robert Stanley to senior vice president, sales development, from vice president.
Stanley has a bachelor’s degree in business from Indiana University and a master’s degree in business from the University of Chicago.
- CIGNA HealthCare, Bloomfield, Conn., a unit of CIGNA Corp., Philadelphia (NYSE:CI), has hired Bertram Scott to be president of U.S. commercial operations.
Scott was previously executive vice president and chief institutional development and sales officer at Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association-College Retirement Equities Fund, New York.
Scott has a bachelor’s degree in business administration from DePaul University, Chicago. He is a member of the boards of trustees at DePaul University and of the University of North Carolina at Charlotte.
- Compensation Advisory Partners L.L.C., New York., an independent executive compensation consulting firm, says Eric Hosken is now a partner.
Hosken previously was a principal specializing in executive compensation consulting at Korn/Ferry International Inc., Los Angeles.
Hosken has a bachelor’s degree in economics from Oberlin College and a master’s degree in labor economics from Cornell University.
- Forethought Financial Group Inc., Indianapolis, has hired Paula Nelson to be president of Forethought Distributors L.L.C., a channel for distribution of annuity and life insurance products through financial institutions.
Nelson previously was managing director of AEGON Financial Services Group Inc., Minneapolis, a unit of AEGON N.V., The Hague, Netherlands.
- GenSpring Family Offices, Palm Beach Fla., a unit of SunTrust Banks Inc., Atlanta, has hired Mark Mushkat to be a senior advisor in Northern California.
Mushkat previously was a managing director at Harris myCFO Inc., a unit of Bank of Montreal, Montreal. He has a bachelor’s degree from the University of Cincinnati and holds the Certified Investment Management Analyst professional designation.
- Vincent J. Russo & Associates P.C., Westbury, N.Y., an elder law and estate planning law firm, has hired Ralph Caruso to be a senior advisor.
Caruso was previously commissioner of the senior citizen affairs department in Nassau County, N.Y. He helped develop Friends Assisting Nassau Seniors.
Caruso is a veteran of the U.S. Army.
-Professional Disability Associates L.L.C., Portland, Maine, a consulting firm, has named Al Hemond president and Kevin Riley senior vice president of marketing and product development.
Hemond previously worked for Prudential Financial Inc., Newark, N.J. (NYSE:PRU), as a senior vice president managing the company’s disability claims organization.
Hemond has a bachelor’s degree in mathematics from Boston College and a master’s degree from the University of New Hampshire.
Riley previously was a senior vice president for risk and account management at JHA, Portland, Maine.
Riley has a bachelor’s degree from Colby College.