Online marketing is an easy and inexpensive way to build your business, but there are some things to keep in mind. Keith Webb outlines 10 missteps that could be your downfall.
1. Not staying on top of new marketing strategies. Get as much information as you can and take time to study it before you implement any new strategies, Webb writes. “The more knowledge and experience you can possess, the quicker you will reach your goals.”
2. Following the competition too closely. Make sure you differentiate yourself clearly on your website and any other e-marketing materials.
3. Bewildering prospects with a confusing website. Like a bad sales pitch that leaves prospects overwhelmed, if visitors can’t navigate easily through your site, they’ll go elsewhere.
What Your Peers Are Reading
4. Using your website as a sales presentation. Your prospects visit your website for information, not for a pitch. As Webb reminds us, sales aren’t often the result of a first visit, so offer free information, tips or newsletters to give visitors a reason to come back.
5. Failing to set specific demographic targets. Why waste your efforts on prospects you wouldn’t want to work with anyway?