Who wouldn’t want to reach out to clients and prospects at a time when they’re already thinking about their need for life insurance? But during Life Insurance Awareness Month, where do you start and how can you make the most of this once-a-year marketing opportunity? Here are 7 tips to get you started with your planning, courtesy of The LIFE Foundation.
1. Use LIAM to Get Appointments Scheduled: Pointing out that September is LIAM gives clients and prospects one more reason to say “yes” to a meeting.
2. Set Aside Money & Time: The 3 keys to selling more life insurance this September than you did last September are time, money and focus. If you make life insurance your primary focus and set aside enough time and money to conduct the proper outreach, you WILL be successful.
3. Take Advantage of LIFE’s Marketing Resources: LIFE offers both free Web-accessible resources as well as high-quality print and multimedia marketing pieces for purchase. Access all of LIFE’s resources at www.lifehappens.org/catalog.
4. Tell Your Clients that “Life Happens”: Life Happens(R) gel bracelets are LIFE’s most popular LIAM resource. During LIAM, wear one on your wrist and give them out to clients and prospects. They’re great conversation starters. People will inevitably ask, “What does Life Happens mean?” That’s your opening to talk to them about LIAM and the importance of planning ahead for life’s uncertainties.
5. Encourage Clients to Enter the Wonders of Life Photo Contest: We live for life’s wondrous moments and life insurance helps ensure that a premature death in the family won’t result in those moments coming to an end. Tell clients to upload a photo that captures a wondrous moment in their life, and they could win the new Canon T1i, 12.2-Megapixel Digital SLR Camera (an $800 value) that can be used to capture more wonderful memories. Entries are being accepted through the month of September at the “Wonders of Life” Group at the photo-sharing site Flickr.com. In addition to the Grand Prize, a panel of judges will select five runners-up, with each receiving a $150 gift card to Bestbuy.com. Winners will be announced on or about Nov. 1, 2009. Winning photos will be featured on the LIFE website.
6. The LIFE Foundation wants your help in compiling its Wonders of Life Insurance – The Ultimate List. As you know, life insurance can do amazing things for individuals, families and businesses and the LIFE Foundation wants you to “tweet” about it. Using Twitter.com, mention one wondrous thing life insurance can do, and you could win a great prize and have your “tweet” included in the Ultimate List. Learn more at www.lifehappens.org/twittercontest.
7. Tap Into Company Assets: Most insurance companies support LIAM in some fashion. So reach out to companies you do business with to find out what kinds of LIAM marketing resources and sales incentives they may be offering.