- Failing to ask for testimonials and maintain a list of satisfied customers willing to act as references.
- Failing to qualify prospects before you approach them.
- Not including an upfront, attention-getting, call to action in your communications.
- Neglecting to target your communications to specific segments of prospects.
- Focusing on your services rather than on the prospect’s benefits.
- Having an unprepared elevator pitch with the benefits of your product or service tailored to the specific prospect with whom you are meeting.
- Bad follow-up, including not following up at all, waiting too long before contacting the prospect again, and following up too much, or too often.
- Failing to determine the prospect’s business problem and thereby not selling with a solution-oriented focus.
- Being unprepared at the initiail meeting with no background research on your prospect.
- Over-promising a service you are not sure you can deliver.
Source: Competitive Edge Consulting Associates Inc.
Do you have a Top 10 List you’d like to share? Click here to submit your list and you could be published in Senior Market Advisor Extra!!