Stig Nybo is now president of Transamerica Retirement Services.
Nybo previously was chief marketing officer of Transamerica Retirement, Los Angeles.
Transamerica Retirement is a unit of Transamerica Financial Life Insurance Company, which is, in turn, a unit of AEGON N.V., The Hague, Netherlands.
Nybo succeeds Kent Callahan, who is now group head of employer solutions and pensions for the AEGON companies. Callahan has been chief executive officer of Transamerica Retirement, and he will continue to hold the CEO title, according to Transamerica Retirement.
Transamerica Retirement has hired Louis Bachetti to lead national sales. Bachetti, who will be based in Boston, previously worked for a U.S.-based retirement services arm of ING Groep N.V., Amsterdam.
In other personnel news:
- National Western Life Insurance Company, Austin, Texas, has named Michael Hydanus, senior vice president and chief information officer, to be chief administrative officer. He will continue to be the company’s CIO, and he will be in charge of implementing a major information technology systems update.
Brian Pribyl, previously a senior vice president and the company’s chief financial and administrative officer, will give up the CAO title, National Western says. Pribyl will focus on financial reporting and regulatory compliance.
- AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company, New York, a unit of AXA S.A., Paris, has promoted Eric Lhomond to senior vice president. Lhomond is the head of AXA Equitable’s hedging programs management.
- Penn Mutual Life Insurance Company, Horsham, Pa., says Carlos Musibay has become regional director of the South Florida region for the company’s Independence Financial Network.
Musibay is the founder of Global Solutions Network L.L.C., Miami. He also has worked for AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company, New York, a unit of AXA, and John Hancock, Boston, a unit of Manulife Financial Corp., Toronto.
Musibay is a member of the Beacon Council, Miami Dade County’s economic development council.
- Great-West Retirement Services, Greenwood Village, Colo., a unit of Power Corp. of Canada, Montreal, has hired Forrest Wilson to be regional sales director for North Carolina.
Wilson previously was divisional vice president for the Southeast coastal region for a U.S. unit of ING.
Wilson has a bachelor’s degree in marketing from Central Connecticut State University and a master’s degree in business from New York University.
- Securian Financial Group, a unit of Minnesota Mutual Companies Inc., St. Paul, Minn., has hired Julie Nielsen to be a regional vice president for the western half of the United States.
Nielsen previously was vice president of institutional sales at the Marshall Group Inc., Minneapolis.
- Hays Companies, Minneapolis, has hired Ben Graves to be associate director of research and compliance in the employee benefits division.
Graves previously was the compliance director for A.E. Roberts Company, Coon Rapids, Minn.
Graves has a bachelor’s degree in sociology from Central Michigan University, a master’s degree in industrial safety from the University of Minnesota – Duluth, and a law degree from William Mitchell College of Law.
- Morgan Stanley & Company Inc., New York, has brought in Wayne Chrebet to be a financial advisor in a Red Bank, N.J., office.
Chrebet previously was a football player. He joined the New York Jets in 1995 as a walk-on and ended up playing for the team for 11 seasons.
Chrebet has a bachelor’s degree in criminal justice from Hofstra University.