In these tough times, making the most of lead generation can be a difference maker for financial advisors. I reached out to readers and experts recently and hit a gold mine in marketing guru Jeff Dobkin (the author of five books on direct marketing) who was kind enough to send over his list of the top ideas for lead generation.
- Mail to your house list. Mail frequently – at least 10 times a year. Cost: $4.20. This keeps you, your firm, your services in mind throughout the year.
- Pick up the phone. Call clients and prospects with this one objective: to send them a follow-up piece through the mail (Informational booklets, quotes, research results etc.) Then follow that with another call. (Proves your diligence.)
- Find new prospect sources: new mailing lists, associations, events, area organizations, parties, gatherings, meetings. Mail to new prospect list.
- Mail post cards to clients thanking them for referrals: “Thanks for all my clients and friends to gave me such wonderful referrals – I appreciate it.” This will spur additional referrals.
- Go to meetings, events. Ugh, but it’s effective.
If you have ideas on lead generation you would like to share with our readers, let us know by using the form below.