About 86% of nurses say a hospital’s benefit package is one of the most important factors to consider when they are deciding where they want to work.
More than half report they would switch jobs solely based on an employer’s benefits, according to Aflac Inc., Columbus, Ga.
About 75% of the registered nurses surveyed say they would prefer to work for an employer that provides voluntary insurance policies, including short-term disability insurance, and 87% say voluntary insurance is an important factor when they evaluate a current or potential employer, Aflac says.
Other survey highlights:
- 66% of nurses say a voluntary insurance package would positively affect their decision to stay with an employer.
- 64% who have voluntary insurance policies are unwilling to do without them.
- 54% say voluntary insurance would improve their existing benefits plan.
- 89% say voluntary insurance will become even more important as health care costs rise in the coming years.
- 47% would consider switching jobs if their new employer made voluntary insurance plans available.