Savvy advisors can take advantage of media opportunities as a marketing tool, according to Derrick Kinney in his book, “Master the Media to Attract Your Ideal Clients.” To get started keep these things in mind:
- Discover who your ideal clients are.
- Identify which media outlets suit you best.
- Research local media outlets for contacts.
- Fax all contacts an introductory letter to let them know you are available to comment as a financial expert.
- After major economic events, fax or email contacts the same day to let them know you are available to comment.
Source: “Master the Media to Attract Your Ideal Clients,” Derrick Kinney