- Only use highly rated providers. Reference A. M. Best, Moody’s and Standard and Poor’s for credible ratings information.
- Examine multiple policies from various companies, but use those that allow clients to hire at home not only a licensed home agency caregiver but also a paid private caregiver. Most LTCI policies reimburse caregivers at home.
- Recommend three- to five-year coverage with a 5 percent compound, uncapped inflation rider even at older ages. This is usually better than consumer price index or cost-of-living adjustment options.
- Target clients should be between 50 and 60 years of age as premium cost increases with age.
- Don’t just look at one company. For a complete picture, you need to understand the differences between them. Compare regular policies with NY Partnership policies to understand the differences in coverage flexibility.
- LTCI costs should be about 5 percent – or less than 10 percent – of after-tax income.
Susan Neely says the SEC's new sales standards regulation will help consumers.
Advisors who provide rollover advice must exercise caution to ensure compliance with both regimes.
The companies' new joint venture has started by acquiring a $227 million office park.
Sponsored by FMG Suite
Finding the right marketing solution for your advisors.
Sponsored by Smarsh
Review these scenarios to make sure you avoid FINRA & SEC penalties.
Sponsored by Smarsh
It’s easy for modern communication methods to expose your firm to risk. Find out how to ensure you remain compliant!
Don’t miss crucial news and insights you need to make informed investment advisory decisions. Join ThinkAdvisor.com now!
- Free unlimited access to ThinkAdvisor.com which provides advisors, like you, with comprehensive coverage of the products, services and trends necessary to guide your clients in making critical wealth, health and life decisions.
- Exclusive discounts on ALM and ThinkAdvisor events.
- Access to other award-winning ALM websites including TreasuryandRisk.com and Law.com.
Copyright © 2019 ALM Media Properties, LLC. All Rights Reserved.