Hartford Financial Services Group Inc. has named Lizabeth Zlatkus executive vice president and chief financial officer.
Zlatkus previously was co-chief operating officer at the life operations at Hartford Financial, Hartford.
Zlatkus has been and will continue to be a member of Hartford’s office of the chairman, the company says.
John Walters, who has been co-chief operating officer of the life operations and a member of the chairman’s office, will be the president and sole COO of the life operations, and he also will continue to be a member of the chairman’s office, according to Hartford Financial.
Zlatkus succeeds David Johnson, who is retiring.
Zlatkus has a bachelor’s degree from Pennsylvania State University and serves on the Pennsylvania State University board.
Walters has a bachelor’s degree in business and finance from the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, and a master’s degree in business from Duke University. He is a member of the boards of the Investment Company Institute, Washington, and of the Wadsworth Atheneum Museum of Art in Hartford.
In other personnel news:
- AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company, New York, a unit of AXA S.A., Paris, has named Vincent Parascandola president of the Advantage Group, an AXA Equitable unit that recruits experienced financial sales people.
Parascandola previously was co-branch manager for the AXA Equitable Metro New York branch and a divisional executive vice president.
- Prudential Financial Inc., Newark, N.J., has hired 2 executives for its domestic annuities unit and an executive for its domestic individual life business.
The company has hired Richard Jimenez and Jonathan Cressman to be senior vice presidents and national sales managers in the wirehouse distribution channel at Prudential Annuities.
Jimenez previously was a national sales manager at ING Funds, a unit of ING Groep N.V., Amsterdam.
Cressman was Northeast divisional sales manager at Planco Financial Services, a unit of Hartford.
Prudential also has hired Gail Van Dalen to be vice president of marketing for domestic individual life at the Prudential Insurance Company of America unit.
Van Dalen previously was a senior vice president of marketing and sales support at Conseco Inc., Carmel, Ind.
Van Dalen has a bachelor’s degree from Albertus Magnus College and a master’s degree in business from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.
- Old Mutual Financial Network, Atlanta, a unit of Old Mutual P.L.C., London, has hired Bruce Wing to be vice president for life distribution.
Wing previously was vice president of business development at Transamerica Reinsurance, a unit of AEGON N.V., The Hague, Netherlands.
- Jackson National Life Distributors L.L.C., Denver, a unit of Jackson National Life Insurance Company, Lansing, Mich., a subsidiary of Prudential P.L.C., London, has promoted Marc Socol to West regional director for the registered and guaranteed channels.
Socol will over see a team of 30 external wholesalers for 15 states, including Arizona, California, Colorado and Kansas.
Socol previously was an external wholesaler who covered the Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas, area.
Socol has a bachelor’s degree from Long Beach State University.
- Pan-American Life Insurance Company, New Orleans, has hired Robb Suchecki to be vice president for Latin American regional operations and Eugenio Magdalena to be executive vice president-international.
Suchecki, who will be based in Panama, will manage health insurance operations in Colombia, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras and Panama. He previously was a senior consultant with Redbridge Network & Healthcare Inc., Coral Gables, Fla.
Suchecki has a master’s degree in business from the Thunderbird School of Global Management.
Magdalena, who also will be based in Panama, will manage the company’s life insurance operations in Latin America.
Magdalena previously was the lead country executive for Spain for Assurant Inc., New York.
Magdalena has a degree in economics from Catholic University in Caracas, Venezuela, and a master’s degree in business from the Cranfield School of Management in Cranfield, England.
- Penn Treaty Network America Insurance Company, Allentown, Pa., a unit of Penn Treaty American Corp., has hired John Bigos and Brian Hamilton to help develop the company’s PersonalLTC program for financial advisors.
Biggs previously was a stockbroker at Securities America Inc., Omaha, Neb.
Hamilton was vice president of Web acquisition and electronic commerce at Cambridge Sports L.L.C., Allentown, a company that helps athletes use the Web to manage their careers.
- Lockton Companies Inc., Kansas City, Mo., has hired Doug Morris to be vice president or retirement services.
Morris previously was vice president of sales for the Chicago office of Diversified Investment Advisors Inc.
Morris has a bachelor’s degree in marketing from Ball State University.
- Lawson-Hawks Insurance Associates Inc., Mountain View, Calif., has hired Nancy Frost to be vice president of employee benefits.
- The Society of Financial Services Professionals, Newtown Square, Pa., has named Terri Getman chair of the estate planning professional interest section.
Getman is vice president of advanced marketing for the individual life business at Prudential Financial.
Getman has a bachelor’s degree from the College of William and Marry and a law degree from Duke University.
She holds the Chartered Financial Consultant and Chartered Life Underwriter professional designations.
- The National Association of Independent Life Brokerage Agencies, Fairfax, Va., has named Christi Daughenbaugh to be secretary of the executive committee.
Daughenbaugh is a vice president and brokerage manager at the Borden Hamman Agency Inc., Dallas, succeeds Tom Kirke.
Daughenbaugh has served on the NAILBA board for 2 years.