Members of the executive committee of the National Association of Insurance Commissioners granted full model status to 5 model proposals here Sunday during the NAIC’s summer meeting.
The measures that were allowed to advance as models are:
- Amendments to the Viatical Settlements Model Act.
- The Military Sales Practices Model Regulation.
- The Medical Malpractice Closed Claim Reporting Model Law.
- Changes to the Long Term Care Insurance Model Act, which include new producer training requirements.
- The Uniform Health Carrier External Review Model Act.
The NAIC executive committee deferred action on the Standard Nonforfeiture Law for Life Insurance draft and the Standard Valuation model law draft.
The executive committee was scheduled to vote today on whether it would send each of the proposals with full model status to the plenary — the body that includes all voting members of the NAIC — later today.