NU Online News Service, Nov. 8, 2004, 6:11 p.m. EST
Pennsylvania officials are trying to encourage consumers to consider buying long term care insurance while they can still afford it.[@@]
At a time when officials in some states are still skeptical about the concept of private LTC insurance, Pennsylvania Secretary of Aging Nora Dowd Eisenhower and Pennsylvania Insurance Commissioner Diane Koken have teamed up to start an LTC awareness campaign.
“The younger you are when you purchase a policy, the less expensive it will be,” Dowd Eisenhower says in a press release issued to promote the campaign.
The Pennsylvania Insurance Department contributed these shopping tips to the press release:
- Make sure the company and the agent are licensed to sell LTC insurance in Pennsylvania.
- Check with rating services for their financial evaluation of the insurer.
- Carefully review all details and options of the policies, and be sure to understand the terms and conditions before signing.
- When comparing policies, look at benefits offered, not just prices.
- Avoid being pressured into making a quick decision.