What You Need to Know
- COVID-19 can affect people of all ages.
- Today, young parents especially see the value of life insurance.
- Too many couples forget the value provided by the parent who stays home with the children.
Jessica Lepore, the founder of Surevested, an online life insurance agency that opened earlier this year, is spreading a message that’s almost as old as the modern U.S. life insurance industry: The work that husbands and wives do at home has a large financial value
Lepore is doing this in observance of Life Insurance Awareness Month.
As the business development manager at John Lepore Insurance Agency as well as the creator of Surevested, Lepore discussed in a recent email interview the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on clients, and the importance of insuring the life of the spouse who stays home with the kids. .
Here are three points Lepore made:
1. The pandemic has made consumers more aware of how well, or poorly, they’re prepared for unforeseen events.
That awareness affects how consumers think about everything from where they live to what they spend, Lepore said.
2. The new focus on preparing for the unexpected has increased young people’s interest in life insurance.
Young people, and especially young parents, today see that they need to insure the income of any family breadwinners.