What You Need to Know
- Integrity Marketing added an IMO, an FMO and a call center.
- HealthEquity acquired a block of HSA business for about $400 per relationship.
- Ameritas is working with a firm that will help agency owners with succession planning.
Integrity Marketing Group LLC has announced three new deals.
The Dallas-based insurance distributor has acquired:
- The Cornerstone Group, which is a Wake Forest, North Carolina-based independent marketing organization that expects to produce about $35 million in annual paid premiums this year.
- Unified Health, a Sunrise, Florida-based Medicare plan call center company, which helps about 60,000 Americans sign up for Medicare every year.
- Anthony Insurance Agency, a field marketing organization based in Boca Raton, Florida.
Integrity Marketing is on track to have relationships with 370,000 independent agents. Some of those agents are on track to make about $8 billion in new sales.
In other deal news:
Zing Health, a Chicago-based Medicare Advantage plan issuer, has agreed to acquire Lasso Healthcare.
Lasso is a Harrisburg, Pennsylvania-based company that offers medical savings accounts designed for Medicare enrollees.
HealthEquity Inc. of Draper, Utah, has agreed to acquire custodianship of a block of 149,000 health savings account relationships, with about $477 million in HSA assets, from Fifth Third Bank N.A. The estimated deal price is $60.8 million, or about $400 per HSA relationship.
Venerable Holdings has closed on a deal to reinsure a block of older variable annuities for Equitable Holdings Inc. The annuities were written from 2006 through 2008 and are backed by about $12 billion in general account assets. The contracts also are associated with $14 billion in annuity holders’ separate account value.
Reinsurance Group of America Inc. has agreed to reinsure a large block of business for The Dai-ichi Life Insurance Company Ltd. of Tokyo through a coinsurance arrangement. The block has the equivalent of about $1.8 billion in statutory reserves.