Advisors are traversing two treacherous worlds now: one in which they have to keep themselves and their families safe from COVID-19, and the other, keeping clients calm as the markets — and client investments — gyrate daily.
We asked advisors through the Financial Planning Association and XY Planning Network websites how they are handling these trying times on both these fronts. Although most answered with tips on how to better utilize fintech, one advisor, Cynthia Meyer, also added a note for those who now are working from home for the first time. These include:
- Create a separate space.
- Do a test run on your video conference to see how it looks to clients.
- Consider changing your meeting hours to afternoon and early evening to accommodate parents who are homeschooling children (including you).
- Take exercise breaks. Go outside and get some sun if you can.
- Upgrade your internet connection if needed.
The gallery above provides more ideas on how to handle your business during shelter-in-place orders.
– Melanie Waddell contributed to this report.
— Check out Advisors’ Advice: In This Market, What’s a Retiree to Do? on ThinkAdvisor.