The Senate Banking Committee will consider the nomination of Sullivan and Cromwell partner Jay Clayton to head the Securities and Exchange Commission on March 23.
The committee also set the schedule to mark up the following bills on Thursday:
- S. 327, “Fair Access to Investment Research Act of 2017;”
- S. 444, “Supporting America’s Innovators Act of 2017;”
- S. 462, “Securities and Exchange Commission Overpayment Credit Act;”
- S. 484, “U.S. Territories Investor Protection Act of 2017;” and
- S. 488, “Encouraging Employee Ownership Act.”
S. 462 would give the SEC authority to credit self-regulatory organizations like national securities exchanges for fees and other assessments that have been overpaid to the agency during the past 10 years.
S 327 would direct the SEC to provide a safe harbor related to certain investment-fund research reports and for other purposes.